Tuesday 16 October 2012

October's Top Box

After over 3 months of being on the waiting list, I finally got my very first Top Box beauty subscription in the mail last week! I have to admit, I had very high hopes for this box, especially after reading everyone's blogs and seeing all the goodies they were getting. One of the neat things about Top Box is its cylinder packaging. It fit VERY snugly in my mail box and it's cute enough that I will brainstorm ways to recycle it with other uses. So before I blabber on, let's go through the 4 deluxe samples I received this month:


A little bundle from Endocare with 2 x 1 ml of Ampoules - a concentrated serum that is suppose to provide an intensive rejuvenating treatment for the skin; and 1 x 3 ml of Tensage Radiance Contour - a formula that is designed to correct and brighten the eye contour area.
 

 I had never heard of Endocare before but from reading the packaging and the small pamphlet that came in the bundle, they are a range of products designed to fight photoaging, developed from research on skin damange due to radiation from cancer treatments. What surprised me the most was not that the full size products itself was pricey but that a full size of Ampoules is $59, containing 7 x 1 ml packages of serum. The fact that Top Box included 2 was impressive - that's $17 worth of products alone!


The next product is from Vasanti and this is their Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. I've actually received this product before in another beauty box and have liked it. Great exfoliator,  but I'm not quite sure if I'd pay full price for it at $34 for 120 ml. I've been using St. Ives Apricot Scrub for sensitive skin (less than $5 at Walmart), and I think it does the job just fine. However, this will be great for travel and I am super happy with the size of the sample at 20 g (I only got 12 g from Glymm :p)


The third product is from MaskerAide and it's their Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask. One full size, (being one mask) retails for $4.99. What it's suppose to do is hydrate, awaken, replenish and refresh the skin. I'm looking forward to using this as my skin tends to get really dry during the winter months.


Last but not least, the last beauty sample I received was from Stila. It's interesting because I have never seen a sample of an entire eyeshadow palette before. The palette is called In the Moment, and it came as a folded card with 10 eyeshadow colours sealed in a plastic film. The colours are really pretty, but I can see it being really messy once I remove the film. I think this is probably something that I should use in one shot. At least the colours are sealed in two sets of five - giving me the chance to use it twice! An added bonus was that the card provided descriptions on how to create two different eye looks based on the eyeshadow colours they provided - very nice touch!

Final Thoughts
Although I was definitely impressed with the  size of the samples, I have to admit, they weren't beauty samples that I would get super excited about. I'm more interested in make up versus skin care, and I definitely like travel size samples that I can use a few times. However with that being said, that's more of a personal preference and has nothing to do with the quality of the beauty box itself. I'm definitely going to try what was given to me and looking forward to November's box already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment