Wednesday 11 April 2012

Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24 HR Eye Shadows

Lately I have been super impressed with some of my drugstore finds, and Maybelline's Color Tattoo Eye Shadows are definitely one of them!

On their website, Maybelline totes that the product uses ink technology to create 24 hour wear eye shadows, while being safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. They come in 10 shades, ranging from vibrant colours like Fierce and Tangy (a very bright orange) to more subtle hues like Bad to the Bronze (a shimmery brown - swatched in the picture beside).

Here's why I love them:
  • They're super affordable - depending on where you get them, they range between $7-$10. I found mine on sale last week at Shoppers for $4.99!
  • Bye bye primers! You don't need them, they actually stay crease-and-smudge-proof. I recently purchased MUFE's Aqua Cream Shadows (for $25!), and they do not come close to being as good as these!
  • I don't know about 24 hours, but they really do stay on (at least 10+ hours).
  • Build your eye shadow color to your desired intensity - the colours can be as intense as you like (similar to the picture) or gently washed over your lids for a base or primer prior to your full eye shadow application (pat it onto the lids for lighter coverage),
  • No need for fancy brushes, your fingers will do :) Because these are cream shadows, the warmth of your fingers will be your best friend when applying these. 
I don't have any complaints, except now I'm waiting for new shades to come out so I can replace my shimmery nude Aqua Cream Shadow!! For full swatches of the 10 colours available, click on the link for Amarixe's review: http://www.amarixe.com/2011/12/maybelline-color-tattoo-eyeshadows.html

Thanks for reading and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment