Sunday 5 February 2012

January's Luxe Box

I'm a little behind on writing this post, as it's already February and I'm about to blog about my January Luxe Box. Just like the Glymm Box, the Luxe Box from Loose Button is a beauty box subscription service that delivers 4-5 deluxe size samples to your doorstep. At $12/month ($2 more than Glymm Box), the samples range from skincare and make-up to fragrance, body, and haircare.

After you subscribe, you are asked to fill out your beauty profile. Questions included what products were you most interested in receiving and what products you cared for the least. For me, make-up was what I wanted to sample the most, and fragrance was the least. I have to admit, the first 2 Luxe Boxes that I received in November and December were a bit disappointing. I was getting a lot of fragrance samples and almost little to no make-up :( Although skincare products are great (and I find that I am more in need of them now than ever), I find it hard to truly determine whether I love the product or not in a deluxe sample. I say this because results for skincare are hardly ever instantaneous (except for Clinque's Moisture Intense Skin Hydrator of course ;)) 

However, with all that being said, I was pleasantly surprised with January's Luxe Box. The parcel was twice as big than what they're normally shipped in, and when I opened it, I couldn't believe that it had come with 2 Luxe Boxes! The black box contained beauty products and the limited edition white box contained bath and body products. 

One of things that I love about the Luxe Box, is the personal touch found in the packaging. In every box, wrapped in black tissue paper, a sticker reads: "Made for Mandy". It's a simple touch, but it really does make a girl feel special! 

So for January, the deluxe samples I received included: 
  • A full size China Glaze Nail Polish (14 ml) in Fuschia Fanatic. I love the colour and I can't wait to use it!
  • One full size Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil (5 g) in Iced Mocha. I actually had this in my hand to purchase last month and decided against it last minute - I'm so glad I did!
  • A 15 ml sample of Silk Therapy by Biosilk 
  • Six samples of fragrances with a note that tells me that I have been chosen to be a part of their pilot test with these fragrance bundles. Although I loved how the fragrances came in a mesh bag, I find it a bit ironic that I was chosen for the pilot after I had raised my hand (both in the beauty profile and on separate feedback forms) that I didn't want any more fragrance samples. With that being said, it's not too bad when 1 deluxe sample comes in sixes rather than just one. I think I might really end up liking the Prada Infusion.
    • The fragrances in the bundle included: two from Prada (Candy; Infusion), two from Nina Ricci (L'air du Temps; Nina), and two from Paco Rabanne (Black XS for Her; Lady Million). 
  • Bonus: A 56 g package of Level 3 ground coffee from Seattle's Best Coffee
As for my white Bath and Body Luxe Box, I received 2 samples. Both that I think are great - but just a bit wasteful to be carried in such big packaging.
  • The first one is the new Schick Hydro Silk Razor. I don't think this is available in North America yet. A very useful item, and I'm happy I received it.
  • Two (x 9 ml) packages of Fekkai's Advanced Brilliant Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner. 
 Although I was seriously contemplating on canceling my subscription for the Luxe Box, January was a pretty good month and I think I'm going to stick with it for a little while longer. Something different that Loose Button offers is the option to choose premium products to go into your next Luxe Box. For example, a few weeks before they sent out this box, an email was sent to me with three premium products. I was allowed to choose any one to be included in my next beauty box. Quantities are limited, and unfortunately I wasn't able to get any of the Benefit products that were being offered. However, if you're fast enough to respond, you could get yourself some pretty awesome stuff!

For more information or to subscribe to your own beauty Luxe Box, click on the link: www.loosebutton.com. If you want to shop around or learn more about the Glymm Box, you can click here for my full review! 

No comments:

Post a Comment