Wednesday 4 January 2012

Accent Nails


Nail Polish: MAC's Frost Glam Clan's
& Sephora's Only Gold for Me
I first mentioned accent nails in my Welcome blog. I didn't go into any detail, other than the fact that my cousin had sparkly thumbs. So what are they exactly? The idea of accent nails is to accentuate two or three nails with a different colour or application from the rest of your manicure. 

I first saw this on my best friend when she came back from Hong Kong. She told me it was very popular in Asia, I figured it would only be a matter of time before we started seeing it here... and we have!

Experiment with colours and express your mood! You can be subtle as you like with complimentry colours or be bold with contrasting colours. The best part? There are no rules! Decorate your accent nails with whatever you like - glitter seems to be very popular. 

After you pick your colours and application, you have to choose which nails to accentuate. It really comes down to personal preference. My cousin, as mentioned earlier, likes accenting her thumbs. In the beginning, I didn't like symmetry at all... Currently? I do (focusing on my ring fingers)... Tomorrow? Who knows! This is why accent nails are one of my most favourite things... because no matter who's doing it, it never stops you from changing it up and making it your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment