Tuesday 27 December 2011

Welcome!

I've decided to start this blog from the encouragement of a very special friend! You know who you are, so hopefully with your continued support, I will continue updating this on a regular basis.

In the last year, I've become a bit obsessed with make-up. I've been trying a lot of stuff, and found things that I really love. Although I think the majority of my favourite things will be beauty products related, I don't think I experiment it enough to have a complete blog dedicated to that. You will probably find a whole bunch of miscellaneous stuff in here as well. 

I hope you, and whoever reads this will find it useful. So... without rambling on, I will begin with one of my current favourite things: 


American Apparel Nail Polish

While having lunch with my cousin, I couldn't help but notice her nails. She had a perfect shade of gray, with very sparkly accent thumbs  (I will get into accent nails in another post). When I complimented her on her nails, she told me about the group deal she bought from Team Buy - 5 nail polishes for $15 at American Apparel.

I have to admit, I can bit a bit of a brand snob when it comes to nail polish. I usually only purchase colours from Essie, OPI, and Borghese. However at $3 a bottle, it was a deal that was too good to pass up... and I'm so glad I didn't!

With over 50 colours to choose from - you can imagine... I was standing at the counter for quite some time! Their collection is made up of: Classic, Glitter, Neon, and Metallic colours, and all are DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde-free. Finally after some debate, I choose (from left to right in the picture): Echo Park, Constellation, Downtown L.A., Neon Violet, and Silver Jazz. 

When I got home, I couldn't wait to try out the colours, so I painted each new colour on top of my existing nail polish. As you can see in the picture, with just one coat, the colours are extremely opaque. It didn't streak, and went on so easily! I was especially impressed with the Neon colour. I can't wait to wear it next!

Now that the deal from Team Buy has expired, the nail polishes are back to $9.00 a bottle. Although they aren't cheap, I really do recommend them - especially if you're looking for a funky, vibrant colour. 

To check out their colour selection, click the link below: 
http://store.americanapparel.ca/accessories-aa-nails.html

No comments:

Post a Comment