Thursday 9 August 2012

Dior Show Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

I know! I've been completely MIA for the last few months. Work has been crazy busy and after spending 8 hours writing copy, the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was to blog. Sorry! So without rambling on any further, let's talk about Dior Show Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum!

On the Sephora website, this lash plumping serum is described as a lash primer that's supposed to curl and coat each lash to create a smooth and even mascara base. It also totes about having additional nourishing properties that promotes long-term lash growth and strength.
  
In terms of its nourishing properties, I haven't found a real dramatic change, although my lashes do look longer and thicker after application. When you first pull the primer mascara wand out, you will notice white fibers on the brush. These fibers help build length and volume into your lashes. Don't worry about the white fibers sticking to your lashes when you apply, the mascara that you choose after will hide all of that. After a lot of trial and error, I find it works best when you apply mascara while the primer is still wet - this means I do each eye individually - prime one, and then apply mascara right away before moving on to the next eye. This makes the application a lot easier and you won't experience any clumping.

Okay, so let's talk about why I love it!

In one of my previous posts, I talked about my favourite no-fuss mascara. One of my biggest problems with mascara is the raccoon eyes that I'm left with at the end of the day. It doesn't matter if it's waterproof, nothing seems to stay. And although I still love my no-fuss mascara, I have described it as being a good every day mascara only. If you're looking for dramatic, false looking lashes,  the Clinique mascara that I've described in my previous post isn't going to work for you.

With the Dior Show Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum, I can pretty much wear any type of mascara on top and it will stay on all day. This means I can use Benefit's They're Real Mascara, Max Factor's 2000 Calorie Dramatic Volume, and MUFE's Smokey Lash and achieve a much more dramatic application without worrying about raccoon eyes at the end of the day. That is pretty darn amazing! Especially for someone like me who cannot seem to put on false lashes, this is a great alternative without the struggle of lash glue :)

Secondly, I have completely straight lashes that aim diagonally down. I hate to admit this, but on the days I actually have time to curl my lashes, I tend to do it after I've already applied mascara :\ I know! I know, it's bad, but it doesn't seem to stay put otherwise :( However, with the Dior Primer, I've found that it actually gives my lashes a slight lift and curl. I MUST set an expectation for you though - when I talk about a slight lift and curl, it is just that. It will not replicate what a lash curler can do, but it will lift those diagonally straight lashes to a slight curl that holds up all day. For a lazy person that is rushing out of the door in the morning - this works just perfect for me!

You can find this mascara pretty much anywhere - at a Dior counter, at Sephora, even Shoppers Drug Mart. It does have a hefty price tag though, it's going to set you back $35 for 10 ml. For my struggles, I think it's worth it. I've been using it every day for the last month and will definitely repurchase once I run out!

No comments:

Post a Comment