Wednesday 2 May 2012

April's Luxe Box

I liked how April's Luxe Box reflected Daffodil Month - it was a pleasant surprise to see the Daffodil pin included in the box. Since the Canadian Cancer Society holds a special place in my heart, I really loved the special touch.

For the month of April, I received:
  • Essie Nail Polish in She's Picture Perfect - full size, SRP $8 - I was already expecting an Essie polish as it was my "First in Line" product pick. I love nail polish and even though I have a very similar colour, I like how there is an iridescent finish to this lilac purple
  • Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Shampoo & Conditioner - My samples were 50 ml each. It came with a card that congratulated me on being selected to try this new product. Full size bottles retail for $6 each at 375 ml.
  • Bobos Remi Leave-in Conditioner - The sample was a good size with 2.7 ounces. I've never heard of this brand before, but am excited to try it. A full size bottle is 10 ounces for $10.
  • Yves Rocher Gentle Eye Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes -  I received 50 ml as a deluxe sample.The full size product (125 ml) retails for $6.
Final Thoughts 
 As much as I loved the nail polish and the sizing of each sample, I was disappointed in some of the brands that were included in my Luxe Box. Did I misinterpret the beauty box subscription to think that I was going to sample luxury brands? If you look at the SRP, none of the samples exceed $10. Although this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just not what I'm looking for. I did end up cancelling my subscription after receiving this box - although my last box will still come in May. As per my previous post - this was a take it or leave it subscription box for me, and finally... I've decided to leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment