Monday 16 January 2012

My First Glymm Box

After a long day at work, nothing beats coming home to a small pink package at your doorstep! I couldn't be more excited to receive my first Glymm Box in the mail today!

Glymm is a beauty box subscription service. I first heard about this type of subscription at a Direct Mail conference. For a monthly fee (Glymm is $10/month including shipping), you receive a box of 3-5 deluxe beauty samples. The idea is that it gives you a chance to sample premium brands before splurging on the full size product. Genius right? If you look on their website (http://www.glymm.com/glymm-box/), some of their beauty partners include: B. Kamins Laboratories, Caudalie, Murad, and Yves Saint Laurent (to name a few). 

The best part of a Glymm Box? The element of surprise! :) You can't help but feel excited with the anticipation of what you might find in your box. I honestly felt like a kid at Christmas!

As you can see in the pictures, the packaging is beautiful! The Glymm Box is sturdy and it came in mint condition. For my very first box I received 4 samples and 1 full size product. Not bad for $10! In every box, a product card is included with more detailed information on the samples you've received, and how much they retail for at full size.


My deluxe samples this month included:
  • One Jumbo Bamboo Facial Cleansing Cloth from Kaia Naturals 
  • A 12 g Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator from Vasanti Cosmetics - Can't wait to try this with my Clarisonic :)
  •  A 2.5 ml Clear Brow Gel from Anastasia Beverly Hills. I'm actually super excited to try this!
  • Two Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion from Burt's Bees
  • One full size Eyeliner from Cargo Cosmetics. The suggested retail price for this 2 g eyeliner is $16. I've swatched it on my hand, and so far, no smudging! You see how easy it is to justify the $10 subscription fee? I've already made my money back :p 
Ready to subscribe?
Want to start receiving your own Glymm Box for February? Click here for my personal invitation link. Yes, that's another perk! Earn points by referring your friends to redeem full size products on their website :)

Want to shop around?
If you're interested in a beauty box subscription, but you want to shop around, there is one more Canadian company that provides this type of service. The Luxe Box from Loose Buttons is the same and yes, I am guilty of being a subscriber to that too :/ It is however a little more expensive at $12 a month (including shipping) and I have to be honest, I've been a bit disappointed with my first 2 boxes. I haven't received January's box yet, but will definitely share once I do! For more information about Luxe Box, check out their website at http://www.loosebutton.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment