Thursday 12 January 2012

Essie Good to Go!

For many years, I was known to have the worst manicures (I`m sure all my girlfriends can attest to that). They were almost always chipped and completely grown out before I made the effort to do something about it.

Why? Because applying a fresh manicure was a painfully long process - specifically, waiting for my nails to dry. Because I was always scared to ruin my nails, I felt like my evenings were extremely unproductive, as I would sit and do nothing to avoid smudging them. In order to save some time, I would always do my nails right before bed, and sleep uncomfortably on my back with my hands on a pillow so that they could dry overnight. When I woke up, I was usually disappointed because somehow my bed sheets would imprint on my nails. It was very hard to justify spending all that time and effort for ruined nails at the end of the day. I have to admit, I am very guilty of putting on heavy coats of nail polish to make them opaque and smooth.

About a year ago, I found a great product that had good reviews online. I decided that I had nothing to lose, and bought my very first bottle. It is a must-have now and my nails have never gotten so much attention (from me)! I cannot live without my Essie Good to Go rapid dry top coat.

You can get this top coat from any store that sells Essie nail polish. I got my first bottle online from Flat Iron Experts. Depending on where you go and what sales you find, they range from $8-12 dollars for a 15 ml bottle. 

The name says it all! After 2 heavy coats of nail polish, I generously put a layer on and it feels dry to the touch within the first few minutes. In 10-15 minutes, I feel confident that my nails are set and I am good to go! Not only is this nail polish rapid drying, it is seriously chip-resistant, tough, and leaves a high gloss shine. I really can go well over a week, usually 2 weeks (if I let my nail polish stay on for that long) before it starts to chip.

While blogging, I've realized something about myself - time is truly important. The more I save of it, the better. The more a product saves me time, the more I seem to love it. I love my Essie Good to Go... partially because my girlfriends can no longer make fun of my poor groomed nails :p, but mostly because I don't dread doing them anymore! I actually get excited - who would've thought? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment