Monday 9 January 2012

All-Time Favourite Jeans

Everyone has their favourite pairs of jeans... I'm lucky enough to have found one that comes in an array of colours and washes! Currently with the exception of a new pair of Guess jeans, my Mavi Serena Skinny Jeans are the only ones I wear. 

A look back in time, before I found my all-time favourites...
  • My first pairs of jeans were from Jacob Jr. 
  • In high school, I transitioned into Bluenotes - rule of thumb back then: if the cuff didn`t hide my shoes, they weren`t wide enough!
  • Had a favourite pair of faded blue Buffalo jeans... this became my slow transition into something a little more fitted.
  • Had an obsession with Parasuco for a few years - for some reason, the funkier the better. Does anyone remember the jeans where it was cut open from the knee down and held together with a drawstring at the bottom? (I know... what was I thinking?)
  • Bought my first pair of designer jeans when I finally made some money!
Two years ago I found the perfect pair of skinny jeans from Jean Machine. The Mavi Serena Skinny is a low rise jean that fits higher in the back, making it more comfortable and less awkward for people when you bend over :p The leg is closely tapered to your ankle and the material is the best part! Made mostly of cotton (77%), it is the most comfortable pair of jeans I own. It stretches along with movement, never making me feel restricted or confined.

I like them so much, I own 7 different washes: 1 black, 1 light, 2 mediums, and 3 darks. I just went onto the Mavi website, but unfortunately it only shows 4 available colours. I know they definitely come in grey and white as well. The prices range from $78-88 dollars. If you have an SPC, show it and save 10%! I was lucky enough to catch the boxing day sale at Jean Machine over the holidays - buy 1 get the second pair 50% off. I couldn't pass up this deal, and had to go to 3 Jean Machines before I found them in my size (Yay STC)! 

They do stretch a little bit with wear, but after a wash, they go back to its original size. For your first wash, the sales associate told me to turn my jeans inside out, and wash with 2 tablespoons of salt. Every wash after that, just wash as you normally would and lay flat to dry. I still turn mine inside out to avoid any fading.

Thank you Mavi for making me feel great, comfortable and confident in my Serena Skinnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment